Senior Research Manager - Contract role
The Audience Research & Analysis department is responsible for supporting NBCU's channels (UNI), content licensing (TVD) and International Productions (TVP) businesses with audience based quantitative and qualitative tracking, analysis and reporting in all international territories for all television platforms.
The Research Manager plays a pivotal role providing strategic analytical tools to NBCU's channels and TVD teams in Australia and New Zealand. Primary responsibilities are to support the channel's Managing Director, TVD Sales Director and Research Director for Asia, contributing to all aspects of audience reporting as it applies to NBCU's respective business units.
• Independently manage research projects from inception to completion, including the interpretation of audience data and writing of internal reports and external sales materials.
• Independently self-manage and organize. Be able to set project priorities and manage requests from internal clients.
• Evaluate NBCU's channel brands and television programming from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives.
• Evaluate the competitive landscape and provide expertise and insights into the Australian/NZ television market.
• Be able to support content sales (movies and series), channel programming/acquisitions, scheduling, ad sales, affiliate sales and marketing.
• Utilize creative and analytical skills to create customized materials to help elevate the perception and value of NBCUniversal.
• Collect, analyze and disseminate ratings and reports based on defined projects utilizing various international ratings systems/software.
• Attend regional and divisional meetings, and present analyses to upper management.
• Contribute to strategic analysis for all business concerns in the territory
• Perform other duties as required and handle any special projects as needed.
• Data warehouse management, data cleaning & analysis of on demand, first party data for TV distribution and ANZ Networks teams.
• A university degree and a minimum of 4-5 years media research experience, preferably with a TV distribution company/studio, broadcast or cable network, media agency, international distributor, internet company or research firm. International research experience is a plus, but not required.
• Excellent computer skills including comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is a must. Competence with TV ratings software such as Landsberry & James eTAM, Arianna, and/or ITVR/CAD preferred.
• Knowledge/understanding of SQL is preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of the television industry relevant to broadcast, cable and new media, including research terminology and methodology.
• Understanding of new media and the convergence of television and web-based/non-linear media.
• Possess excellent writing and math skills, and the ability to communicate results in a clear and concise manner. Bilingual a plus but not essential.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle conflict, priorities and deadlines.
• An active interest in participating in the international aspect of the television business.
• Independent, strategic thinker who can take on a project from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to work extended hours when needed.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44m37-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.