The Senior Counsel will support all departments by handling a wide range of legal matters for Universal International Networks and DTC relating to the distribution/affiliation agreements for the commercialization of the NBCUniversal channels and products across Latin America including drafting and negotiating a wide variety of entertainment contracts.
• Day to day management, negotiation and drafting of complex content distribution and affiliation agreements for basic pay and premium pay products.
• Lead attorney independently managing complex content licensing and acquisition agreements, including related legal and commercial issues for content distribution across NBCUniversal channels and products across Latin America.
• Key attorney for other important matters, including Business Development, Litigation Prevention/Analysis, Corporate Governance, Privacy and Information Security.
• Manage and advise business teams regarding strategy and documentation related to company structure and relationships, including corporate governance, joint venture governing documentation, intercompany service arrangements, tax related matters, powers of attorney, ad sales representation, and affiliate sales representation.
• Content rights strategic planning and management to support business initiatives.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues and propose practical responsive solutions to teams across Latin America.
• Serve as a liaison and advise clients on information security and privacy related requirements (including owned and/or operated websites, OTT platforms, and e-commerce platforms).
• Advise business teams on legal requirements and best practices related to affiliate sales and content distribution.
• Draft, review, negotiate and interpret contracts and other documentation.
• Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, including, but not limited to colleagues in the Legal Department (e.g., Litigation, Compliance, Tax, Privacy, Anti-Trust), to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
• Conduct risk assessments.
• Support the business development team, including potential due diligence documentation.
• Create and draft licensing agreements for NBCUniversal's channels and/or platforms across Latin America.
• Provide day-to-day interface with commercial teams as required to ensure clear communication and proactive management of open matters including attendance at management meetings.
• Assist in the development of know how training and best practices for the legal team.
• Advise all key company departments involved in the development and production of content, including programming, production, marketing, promotion talent, digital in connection with complex business and legal matters.
• Work with each department within the company to provide legal advice and assist with contracts, agreements, etc.
• J.D. from accredited law school, demonstrated academic achievement and current bar membership in good standing.
• A minimum of 7 years of entertainment, intellectual property, corporate transactions, employment, litigation and/or other relevant experience.
• Outstanding academic credentials (excellent academic record at top tier law school).
• Language: fluent in English and Spanish.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL – Telemundo Center in a hybrid capacity
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Takes ownership for complex issues.
• Pay TV background is required.
• Team player who collaborates with colleagues and business partners.
• Promotes collaboration; takes initiative to improve delivery of legal services to clients.
• Desire and ability to grow their skills and take on additional responsibilities.
• Innovative and a creative problem solver.
• Positive and solutions oriented.
• Possesses outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills. Demonstrates superior influencing skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply and concisely.
• Shows initiative and proactiveness, including thinking ahead, demonstrating the ability to see around corners, and taking on additional responsibilities and/or projects, as needed.
• Sound business judgment and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively including, where applicable, delegating assignments to other team members.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to cope with high volume workload under time pressure and to work independently and to a high professional standard.
• Strong independent judgment and provides practical legal advice and elevates important issues as appropriate.
• Able to make independent decisions, drive legal strategy and promote business interests.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Background in effectively managing various corporate projects, including strategic transitions and integrations (post M&A acquisitions) in accordance with best practices.
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5n8k-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.