The Film Strategy and Business Development department is a highly visible group that works closely with senior executive management across NBCUniversal and Comcast. The group works in conjunction with other business units within Universal Filmed Entertainment on a wide range of strategic initiatives including identifying key growth opportunities as well as operating efficiencies, examining film distribution strategies, evaluating financing & acquisition deals, optimizing release dating and managing the film greenlight process.
• Assists group and divisional counterparts in the development of long-term global strategy for Universal Pictures' divisions
• Prepares comprehensive financial models related to film acquisition, film financing, production and distribution
• Performs financial analyses to evaluate strategic alternatives and new investment opportunities
• Conducts research and analysis related to Universal Pictures' IP exploitation to help inform studio strategic priorities
• Prepares comprehensive business plans for new growth initiatives, including expansion into production for internal and external streaming platforms and international growth
• Provides financial and strategic support in evaluating mergers & acquisitions, joint venture partnerships, minority investments and cross-divisional business development initiatives
• Prepares internal presentations highlighting strategic rationale, key considerations, upside opportunities, potential risks, etc.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate strategy, business development or strategic planning
• Knowledge of Excel modeling and PowerPoint (minimum 2 years of experience preferred)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work extended hours and travel as needed [Optional]
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interest and prior experience in the entertainment industry is strongly preferred
• A solid understanding of the film and/or media markets/business models
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including significant financial modeling experience
• Prior Investment Banking or Management Consulting experience strongly preferred
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to interact with senior management
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v814-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.