Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Finance, FP&A
New York, NY
of the Syndication Ad Sales Finance team is to support revenue across the First Run, Off Net and 3rd Party titles as well as Branded Entertainment and Digital.
Ad Sales Finance supports all aspects of budgeting and reporting of Advertising Sales revenue. The Sr. Analyst, Syndication Ad Sales Finance is responsible for supporting the Sr. Manager of Ad Sales Finance with the day-to-day revenue metrics, financial reporting, digital revenue tracking, and Forecasting for the Syndication properties.
In this role you will be a key part of Ad Sales Finance team that supports both Syndication and Digital Partnerships. There is cross functional exposure to Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Corporate Finance. There is the opportunity to grow in this role and to gain exposure across the portfolio on multiple linear, digital and partner products.
The role reports directly to the Senior Manager of Ad Sales Finance for Syndication.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leverage aggregate sales data to aid in forecasting estimates, budgets, and long-range plans
• Lead variance analysis, root cause exploration, and forecast scenarios
• Work closely with portfolio and entertainment groups to report trends, variances, and ad-hoc analysis
• Evaluate multiple Pro-forma scenarios to discover profitable program mixes
• Contribute to Executive presentations for leadership & perform ad hoc analyses, providing insightful views into financial performance
• Support back end Ad Sales operations by creating Rate Cards, managing selling titles, tracking make-goods, and more
• Assist Sales and Finance teams to set up Upfront materials, assumptions, and operations
• BA/BS 4-year degree in business, accounting or finance
• 1+ years of finance or accounting experience with a focus in media
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Prior experience in Fiscal Closes and Financial Planning & Analysis required
• Strong Power Point skills a plus
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Prior experience in a finance role supporting an ad sales function within a media or entertainment company highly desired
• Demonstrated analytical strength and process mindset … ability to identify and resolve key issues quickly
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with accuracy
• Ability to build financial models and presentations for senior leadership
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills, especially ability to influence and lead change in cross-functional teams
• High energy and ability to multi-task