Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Finance, FP&A
New York, NY
NBCU Advertising & Partnerships is a ~1300-person organization supporting approximately $10Bn of revenue across all NBCUniversal's linear and digital properties. The Ad Sales FP&A team delivers financial insight and analysis at the portfolio level across Entertainment, News, Sports, Hispanic, Peacock, and Local. The Senior Analyst is a highly visible role acting as a liaison with the vertical level finance teams, and supports the Manager of Ad Sales FP&A with the following primary responsibilities:
• Data Management: Source, consolidate, and organize financial data across all sales channels to support weekly reporting, pacing updates, and annual budgeting/long-range planning cycles. Manage master trending schedules and internal data management software. Continually design and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency of data management process.
• Financial Analysis: Conduct and deliver financial insights and analysis on major sales KPIs including revenue variances, cash pacing, pricing, ratings, and liability. Analyze trends to identify risks and opportunities. Run marketplace analytics on client and category spend. Assist in Free Cash Flow (FCF) forecasting.
• Executive Presentation: Support preparation of major deliverables and executive presentations such as Weekly Financial Updates, Operating Reviews, Budget, and Long-Range Plan presentations for executive leadership including both the CFO and Chairman of Global Advertising & Partnerships. Lead preparation of major deliverables for Corporate Finance group.
• Four-year degree (B.S.) in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance, or a related field
• 2+ years of experience in financial, accounting, or similar roles
• Advanced user of excel with track record of complex model building (e.g. pivot tables, vlook-ups, Sum-Ifs, automation of link updates)
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Proven team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to connect the dots over different datasets