The Senior Manager, Acquisitions & Production is responsible for identifying and delivering new content opportunities across several key genres (with a primary focus on feature films, faith, comedy, television and commentary) for Global, North America and International deals. In addition, the role will provide support for UPCG's other content teams, including Development & Production and Big Idea, as well as opportunities across various genres (including feature film, family entertainment, comedy, music, sports, live events & special interest). It is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of a key growth area for UPCG
• Proactively source and acquire programming in several genres for multiple platforms as well as identify new content and distribution opportunities.
• Attend markets, industry events, and screenings as appropriate
• Run P&Ls and provide financial analysis and reports as required.
• Negotiate and issue offer letters for deals as well as build internal business cases.
• Maintain our current artist and client roster for the US & Canada Acquisitions & Production team
• Deliver against specific revenue targets for successful new programming
• Define strategy for all projects brought to the business and manage the rollout
• Work internally across UPCG and NBCUniversal to produce and distribute new content to agreed release schedules and deadlines
• Coordinate global distribution of content across UK and International markets
• Manage internal processes such as drafting offer letters and board approval packs
• Gather feedback and proactively resolve issues on deals, releases and business activities
• Demonstrable experience of multi-platform distribution of content
• Previous experience in a talent facing role and can demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with artists, licensors, producers, and distributors.
• A keen instinct for potentially successful content and the foresight to acquire this content ahead of competitors
• Skilled negotiator with the ability to set up and close deals and a track record in meeting objectives
• Strong knowledge of deal financials including P&Ls, to help drive negotiation and targets
• Significant experience (circa 7+ years) with entertainment media, content acquisitions and/or brand management
Additional Job Requirements
(note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Innovative and passionate, with a genuine desire to work with, and source, new talent
• Entrepreneurial approach to deal making with astute commercial focus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d20817-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.