We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Scenery Designer is responsible for working closely with the Producers and Directors in the pre and production stages to capture the visual concept/design that the production wants to transmit. This position is a 40-hour PEP position from October–December.
• Interprets and breaks down script within the context of scenery and set design for daily production planning
• Responsible for developing the design of the sets using the concept envisioned by the Art Director
• Ensures the original visual design of the set construction that was developed during the pre-production stage remains constant throughout the development of the novella
• Communicates with the Art Director and the Production Management teams to coordinate locations and ensure sets meet the artistic needs of the production as agreed in pre-production stage
• Adapts and modifies the look of scenery/sets as directed by the Art Director and Production Management
• Coordinates with the work shop personnel to ensure timely assembly and set up all of the sets
• Ensures that all work from the scenery crew is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios' infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures
• Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment
• Presents ideas that support EHS goals and policies to your business or EHS leader
• Raises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS Leader
• Monitors sets during shoots to ensure that there is continuity during the production
• Works under the direct supervision of the Art Director and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Minimum of 3.5 years of experience in the production of novelas/soap operas
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Set Design, or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in architectural set design
• Exhibits an understanding of developing scenery and sets as instructed
• Must be able to efficiently use basic hand tools
• Proficient with MS Office, PhotoShop, and Corel Draw
• Proficient with AutoCAD y Sketchup.
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Creativity and independent judgment
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wxxq-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.