We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
• Compile facts and info for upcoming guest segments
• Utilize print and online media to gather information for files
• Work closely with segment producers to prepare background information for show
• Assist in overseeing research generated by support staff
• Maintain and update both print and video archives of guests
• Maintain guest database/files
• Other ad-hoc duties as outlined by Manager
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a television environment
• Minimum 1 year experience working with a Mac
• Minimum 1 year experience working with Lexis Nexis and/or related research services
• Must have ability to work flexible hours due to the production schedule of the show
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Previous show research experience preferred
• Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, television environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to positively interact with co-workers and producers
• Knowledge and interest in pop-culture a must
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
• Hourly salary range: $16.50 - $20.00
• This position is paid a weekly rate based on a typical work schedule of 60 hrs/wk. Hours over 40 hrs/wk will be paid at an overtime rate. In the event that you work more than the anticipated 60 hrs/wk, you will be paid additional overtime compensation as required by law.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2yjn-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.