Want to work with one of America's most beloved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for a proven, creative and innovative parents reporter to join our growing parents team. The role will be responsible for covering parents content in both the news and lifestyle realm while driving the brand forward to the next generation of audiences.
• Contribute to TODAY Digital's parenting vertical in a fast-paced newsroom.
• Pitch content that maximizes buzz and social reach, leading rather than chasing trending coverage across platforms.
• Drive the daily conversation with fresh and unique takes in the parenting space, particularly when it comes to young parenting and maternal health.
• Run cross-platform projects that may have text and multimedia elements on air, online, social and newsletter platforms.
• Monitor breaking news stories and audience appetite and responding with a take or angle relevant to our brand.
• Work closely with broadcast bookers, producers and correspondents to tell stories across the brand's platforms in additive ways.
• Have a gut instinct for a good story. You're decisive on angles and assignments, and you write in a fun, clear, TODAY-friendly voice. If you love to spot a story as it's going viral and have a great sense of what will turn into a talker before it's all over the internet, this is the job for you.
• Be quick and accurate: Typos drive you crazy. Factual errors keep you up at night. You stay calm when working under pressure, think fast and turn around quickly with no drama.
• Source and identify parenting social trends and executing on those trends in smart and meaningful ways for our parenting audience
• 5+ years of writing/editing experience on the parenting
• A portfolio of skills: Strong and fast writing and editing;
clever and SEO-friendly tactics, impeccable and strong
• Appreciation for TODAY's broad range of topics and
personalities - from hard news to entertainment to
lifestyle, celebrities and newsmakers to ordinary
individuals, with a good grasp of topics and stories of
high interest to women and young families - is required
• A gut instinct for a good story. You're decisive on angles
and assignments and write in a fun, clear TODAY-friendly
voice. If you love to spot a story as it's going viral and
have a great sense of what will turn into a talker before
it's all over the internet, this is the job for you
• This job is located in New York City. The shift will be
Monday to Friday, with regular coverage for holidays and
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to
prioritize while multitasking
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part
of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
• A robust and diverse source list built out surrounding the
• Speaks fluent Instagram, TikTok and Facebook, and has
ideas for how to harvest and promote stories on social
• Savvy with CrowdTangle, Domo and Chartbeat: You use
analytics to help guide story selection and pivot based on
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7bxz-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.