San Diego, CA
• Cover all news stories as assigned by the News Department and report the facts on station's news programs, web site and/or other multi-platform and digital properties.
• Perform live interviews and/or live demonstrations.
• Research, plan, and schedule stories or segments.
• Edit or supervise the editing of reports used in conjunction with news stories and programs.
• Write scripts, lead-ins, cues and bridges as requested by supervisor.
• Develop and grow an active social following via social media.
• Perform on air news anchor work when assigned.
• Make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years previous experience as a Reporter
• Minimum of 2 years TV writing experience
• Bachelor's degree.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in San Diego
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have ability to work any of a 24/7 shift
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Professionally bilingual (English/Spanish) a strong plus
• Multi-Media Journalist experience a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Upbeat personality and quick wit.
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism