NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Regional Distribution Director supervises the planning, development, and execution of distribution and sales strategies that maximize our films' commercial potential in Latin America. She/He reports to the Regional Distribution and Marketing SVP working along with the LATAM Regional and Head Office teams to support 13 country offices to achieve their goals and grow their businesses.
• Supervise Universal Pictures' theatrical film distribution strategy in 13 Latin American offices encompassing 30+ countries. In teamwork with the managing directors of each territory, the Distribution Director will:
• Assess our upcoming films' commercial potential, both regionally and by territory level, with thorough use of business intel data
• Assess the relevant parties' release plans including dating, commercial projections, booking strategies, and release patterns.
• Assess and negotiate sales Terms and Conditions
• Lead Distribution and Market Analytics to ensure optimal and timely decision-making.
• Analyse, summarise, and report insights of weekly regional results, competition, and market behavior.
• Assess territories' business performance.
• Develop in-depth analyses of relevant aspects of the regional markets (Annual performance, Box Office/attendance projections, Consumption and market trends, upcoming slate, dating, costs, etc.)
• Supervise tools' development with an innovative mindset to streamline processes.
• Project commercial potential for films in development.
• Annual business planning and budgeting
• Manage a collaborative partnership with exhibitors and support local teams in negotiating relevant business matters.
• Drive learning and innovation across the organization
• Actively participate in the sales and positioning of our films in international trade shows.
• Supervise the correct operation of the reporting systems.
• Proactive teamwork within the Regional Team to ensure a holistic, smart, and strategic operation that drives business growth.
Skills and Competencies
• Team leadership and self-management
• High competency in communications, both written and oral
• Ability to build multi-level and multicultural relationships
• Innovation mindset
• Team player
• Highly organized and structured
• Comfortable with challenges and constant change
• Negotiation skills – able to influence across all levels, both inside and outside the organization
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Administration, Economy, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences
• 5+ years in a management position.
• Experience in Theatrical Film Distribution (Desirable)
• Advanced Excel (Macros).
• Database management. Visual Basic, Power BI desirable
• Strong strategic thinking, analytical/numerical skills
• Proficient in English both written and oral. Portuguese (Desirable)
• Data-driven approach to decision-making.
• Experience working with Latin American markets (Desirable)
• Availability to travel
• Availability to report on weekends
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4pwq1-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.