Production Logistics Assistant, Olympics *temporary role*
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
We're looking for world-class talent to help bring action-packed coverage of The Olympics and Paralympics to viewers across the country.
Set to take place in Paris, France, July 26-August 11, 2024, with the 17th Summer Paralympic Games from August 28-September 8, 2024, this is your chance to help shape one of the most monumental moments in sports.
Whether you're fully absorbed in the energy at our state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut, or immersed in the vibrant atmosphere of Paris, this is your chance to capture the electrifying spirit of competition, to join in the magic, and to ignite inspiration through cutting-edge production and uncompromising storytelling.
Become part of our winning team. Join us in bringing the most innovative, creative, and compelling Olympics and Paralympics coverage in our history to audiences everywhere.
The Production Logistics Assistant position provides high quality service and support for NBC of the Paris 2024 Olympic Summer Games. Areas of support include NBC operations located at the International Broadcast Center (IBC), Olympic Venues, Warehouse facility and other locations specified by NBC in support of the broadcast.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Material handling including picking, packing, shipping, and inventory management of all non-technical equipment at the Warehouse, IBC, Venues, and other locations specified by NBC.
• Physically handle and move equipment, supplies, goods, pallets & boxes.
• Assist with loading, unloading of trucks and the delivering of equipment and supplies to and from Warehouse, IBC, Venues, and other locations specified by NBC.
• Handle various administrative duties including taking phone and online orders, budget tracking, document organization, and provide customer service to various client groups.
• Source and prep non-technical goods and services including Environmental Health & Safety, Medical Equipment, Office Supplies, Furniture, etc.
• Additional duties include maintaining a clean and safe work environment including breaking down boxes, picking up and disposing of trash and waste.
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a Production Assistant, service industry employee or equivalent preferred.
• Preferred written and fluent spoken in French and English.
• English computer proficiency, experience with Microsoft Office programs and familiar with basic database software preferred.
• Physically demanding position must be able to lift at least 12 Kilos.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various tasks and processes.
• Must be willing to work long days, weekends, and nights and willing to dedicate themselves to the project for the full duration.
• Valid Driver's License and willingness to drive a work provided vehicle is preferred.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn/take initiative essential.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines, simultaneously handling multiple projects.
• Passionate and enthusiastic.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44poq-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.