Associate Producer, Quest Means Business
New York, NY
Responsibilities This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
Want to be part of a fast-evolving, trailblazing news team? Great! We're looking for someone to help assist in the production of our daily news show on Snapchat, as well as content for other NBC News platforms. Think of yourself as the go-to person between APs, producers & editors as they work their magic.
• Work closely with APs & producers to select and gather visual elements for daily segments and longer pieces
• Research & fact check with speed and accuracy
• Write occasional segments
• Work closely with editors to manage assets for edits
• Work with rights and clearances to ensure clearance of all elements used
• Pitch story ideas for day-of and future segments that appeal to GenZ
• Other duties as necessary to support the daily production
• You've worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for at least 2 years
• You're familiar with the process of searching for video
• You're proficient in non-linear editing systems, including Avid.
• You're familiar with tv and digital production procedures, standards and practices.
• You keep calm and work fast in breaking news situations
• You have a strong interest in news and current events
• You're in tune with the types of stories GenZ cares about
• You are able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news.
• You are willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of an integrated team.
• Ability to be a self-starter and problem-solver.
• Strong follow-through, attention to detail, verbal and
written communication skills.
• Demonstrate strong journalistic writing skills, research skills and editorial judgment.