We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC News NOW is seeking a Production Assistant to join our Stay Tuned NOW team. This position will work a 1pm – 9pm ET shift. We are looking for early career journalists who thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing and deadline driven team environment.
Get in touch if you're passionate about journalism and want to develop your skills editing video, writing, working with graphics and being part of a great team.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
The bulk of the job:
• Work closely with Associate Producers and Producers, assisting them in editing video and generating graphics for live and taped segments
• Help research and fact check stories with speed and accuracy
• Pitch smart and engaging stories for daily and future segments that will resonate with our audience
• Keep a constant eye on show rundowns to make sure our video and graphics are in place, accurate and current
• Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
• You've worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for 1+ years
• You know how to edit video on Premiere and/or Avid
• You've got an interest and passion for journalism and are up on the latest news across multiple subject areas
• You have some background in writing for news, either print or video.
• You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience
• You are willing to work in New York, NY
• You are able to handle multiple projects with attention to detail under intense deadline
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• You thrive working in a collaborative team environment
• Experience shooting video on DSLRs is a plus, but not required
• You pay attention to the details of everything you work on
• You're ready to jump in on projects as they come up
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $20/hr - $25/hr
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy189-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.