We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As a Production Assistant for Nightly News, you will work directly with the Executive Producer and Senior Producers to assist in the production of a live, 30-minute nightly broadcast.
• Assist with production at shoots (coordinate, organize and provide editorial guidance)
• Assist producers with gathering elements, logging, file video and imagery for news-of-day and feature spots
• Learn Avid and develop desk edit skills to cut VO's and Teases for broadcast
• Assist Digital team with desk editing digital cuts
• Learn production assistant skills in the control room and studio during the broadcast
• Pitch, research and develop stories for Nightly News broadcasts
• Predict and fulfill additional needs to Executive Producer and Nightly News Rim
• Arrange travel for multiple people on short notice for breaking news situations
• Willingness and availability to work additional hours, at short notice as needed, for breaking news to help update the broadcast
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
• At least 1 year news production experience at the network level, preferably with an evening news broadcast
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must be able to shoot and expected to edit on desktop
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, iNews, and major social media platforms
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news; ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Ability to shoot digital video and/or still photography
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Strong storytelling ability
• Self-starter who has demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $20-$25/hour
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9k3qz-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.