Searching for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television and digital news production, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce compelling stories. Individual must also have connections and networking skills, knowledge of editing systems, camera operation and filming.
• This individual will work with the NBC 6 in the Mix team. 6ITM is South Florida's premier features and entertainment show, in gathering daily original and unique content in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area.
• Sort through thousands of e-mails and pitches daily to determine best stories to book and package stories for the show's brand/audience.
• Responsible for finding and cultivating stories by booking quality interview guests daily (3-5 interviews daily), as well as gather elements for packaged stories as well as daily show headlines/content.
• Coordinate live on-location shows and special projects/initiatives of the show.
• Work with several 6ITM contributors weekly across various lifestyle topics to coordinate and curate unique, timely content.
• Manage the show's production calendar –scheduling out all stories on their assigned air dates and other important show information.
• Build the rundowns and write ahead of scheduled air date; write headlines, in-show teases, tease in preceding noon newscast, as well as write, gather elements for daily 6ITM promo that airs during commercial time.
• Double-check all graphics and blocks to make sure all facts, words, tone are correct.
• Work alongside sales and marketing department to coordinate sales integrations - tape and air dates.
• Work with editors daily to ensure show deadlines are met, including executing editing projects in advance.
• Keep news and digital departments informed about 6ITM projects including those that will work across multiple platforms and prioritized symphony projects.
• Work with digital producers on web and social media initiatives to grow digital audience.
• When show is fully live and in-studio, bring 6 in the Mix guests from the lobby to the green room and from the green room to the set closer to live airtime.
• Fill in/Assist news department during breaking news/hurricanes/holidays as needed.
• Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• Minimum of 3 years' experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and breaking news with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web, and mobile
• Experience as a news or entertainment producer in a major market for television, web based news service or mid-sized market
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tool
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Ability to turn stories around quickly, from filming to editing and ultimately air.
- Strong writing skills.
- Basic editing skills.
- Must be passionate about compelling storytelling.
- Be Resourceful.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects/jobs at once (produce, book & edit).
- Must be HUNGRY! Always ready and willing to learn.
- Possess knowledge about copyright risks and how to acquire UGC.