Anchor - New York
Fort Lee, NJ
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show.
• If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• Practice strong news judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
• BA or Equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• 2 to 4 years producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Must be willing to work in Fort Lee, NJ and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Creative and innovative use of graphics.
• Experienced in showcasing a newscast
• Experience producing a live newscast
• Must be 18 years or older
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8nn5-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.