Post Production Media Manager
Universal City, CA
The NBC Universal Digital Dailies system allows users to access dailies, cuts and related content from their computer, iPad and iPhone. Currently Universal Television and Universal Content Productions have a combined 65+ active projects and 15,000+ users.
Assist Post teams to efficiently support and partner with strategic partners to drive essential Post functions including:
• Interface with shows to provide Financial oversight of Clip Reuse guild fees
• Interface with Publicity, Award Show teams and our show post teams to manage award show compilations and supervise the editing of clips for award shows.
• Manage VFX Contract Administration across all USG projects
• Assist Sr. management with continual request for revisions of budgets and schedules
• Oversee and enforce Content Security policies with show teams, and vetting of new vendors to make sure they are compliant with Trusted Partner Network requirements.
• Monitor all of our shows to make sure they are providing timely and accurate cost reporting.
• Monitor all of our shows to make sure they are providing weekly updates to Sr. management.
• Compile data from prior seasons to inform those upcoming of budgeting/ scheduling / staffing.
• Assist Sr. Manager with Credit Administration as applicable.
Manage functions and duties connected with our DIGITAL DAILIES system including the following:
• Audit master grid for each project throughout the season.
• Ensure proper set up of each new project and provide DIGITAL DAILIES with a list of Studio, Network, Post and Production names and email address in order to create new user accounts.
• Serve as Administrator to give applicable permissions to additions (new accounts), removal (disable accounts), changes in permission rights, and supporting new distribution groups within the DIGITAL DAILIES address book for projects.
• Ensure show Post teams are trained on DIGITAL DAILIES Review distribution lists from all groups in order to set up the various accesses that are available within DIGITAL DAILIES.
• Audit status of projects to ensure current projects are live while prior seasons are removed from the Universal mirror.
• Support IT to install DIGITAL DAILIES application on desktops for all applicable @nbcuni users.
• Manage the two ''Executive Screener'' projects to ensure that the final episodes are being uploaded upon delivery for each of the series.
• Adhere to and make recommendations on access rights for pilots whether they have been picked up to series or are still being shopped. These requests are time sensitive or last minute and can require after work hours and weekend attention.
• Audit billing information and ensure distribution to both the productions and the vendor at the start-up and throughout the season.
• Work with Post Teams to accurately report Clip Usage relating to Recaps, Flashbacks, and material licensed outside of Series. Understanding of excerpt fees as they relate to SAG/DGA/WGA.
• Guide Post Teams during wrap. Ensure archival procedures are followed per Post Manual. Understanding of LTO, ''near-line'' storage, Scenechronize and Daisy.
• Support PA and Coordinator delegates with maintenance workflow including new user access to the Post Manual in Scenechronize, as well as revise and update Post Manual and documents when needed.
• Ensure library is maintained where hard drives and other critical elements are held for active projects.
• Receive Studio and Network distribution lists for Dailies and Cuts for each of the series and communicate them to post staff on the shows. Maintain and update the post staff throughout the season with changes.
• Coordinate Anti-Piracy and Wrap meetings with post teams.
• Track cuts and ensure finals are fingerprinted by Content Security.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in television production environment
• Minimum 2 year of work experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Experience with Indesign and Premiere Editing Application
• Flexibility with respect to work hours
• Must have ability to work overtime, when necessary
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively across all levels of the organization
• Ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure
• Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities, and follow through
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work well in fast-paced environment
• Strong organization skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z3x0-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.