• Responsible for the smooth operation of Post-Production for the facility acting as front-line support, trouble shooting and technical diagnosis.
• Responsible for confirming that equipment used in the post production process works properly.
• Works with external providers to resolve technical and workflow issues with provided equipment and systems.
• Implementation of a routine preventative maintenance program, including software and hardware updates.
• Installing Audio and Video equipment
• Regulates, documents and implements procedures
• Responsible for the support of both Live and Post-Production operations within the facility. Will be exposed to Pro Tools, Screening Rooms, Edits, Graphics, and EVS.
• Passionate about the Post-Production process, excited by new technologies and opportunities and ready to help develop and improve the existing process and infrastructure.
• Proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will help develop new processes, technologies, and techniques, which will help to improve the running of the facility.
• Desire to be proactive and enhance the department needs
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in the technical support of a Post-Production Facility or operation.
• BS degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Knowledge and experience with Avid ACSR in Media Composer, Interplay, and Nexis preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication as well as diplomacy skills
• Knowledge of 4K workflows a plus
• Experience with Avid Post-Production environments essential, including Media Composer, Pro Tools & Interplay PAM/MAM/Media Central.
• Possess strong hands-on, problem solving skills with broadcast-related equipment and systems, with the ability to meet deadlines, and with an understanding of the urgent and dynamic needs of an ''On-Air'' broadcast facility.
• The ability to work both alone and in a team environment with fellow Engineers, Operations, IT, Transmission and other departments, while maintaining a strong Customer focus.
• Clear understanding of a variety of audio and video CODECS, wrappers and the formats involved in file-based workflows.
• Adobe Production Bundle, including Adobe After Effects and Photoshop – a plus.
• Experience and understanding of network production is advantageous.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Server Operating Systems, Linux, and Apple OS
• Working knowledge of data transfer acceleration systems such as File Catalyst, Aspera, Signiant and SFTP.
• Knowledge or experience with Telestream transcoding
• Adobe CS Production Bundle & C4D, render solutions,
• Evertz routing and control systems.
• Experience and understanding of anti-piracy measures and the relationship with IT security in a Post-Production environment.
• Good understanding of modern Post-Production workflows and media management.
• Knowledge of Visio, AutoCad, etc.
• Ability and desire to learn new production technologies.
• Experience with VM platforms a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mxye-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.