We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
• Newscast Producer work closely with assignment editors, reporters, and anchors to produce, write, edit and gather content on all WCAU platforms.
• Must be able to line-produce newscasts.
• Must understand the station's mission and priorities.
• Stay on top of the latest graphic tools to visually enhance and showcase stories.
• Must be knowledgeable on daily news events, aware of past events, and understand news in the Philadelphia market.
• Producers will be responsible for the overall newscast and coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web, and broadcast.
• The incumbent is expected to be a key communicator in the newsroom, talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast.
• Will collaborate with managers, digital team, and assignment desk to deliver complete local news coverage that is fair and accurate.
• Will be a key contributor for story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and be a leader during editorial meetings.
• Will write news scripts and edit video clips.
• Must be able to produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising credibility.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2 years' experience in newsgathering and/or production.
• Minimum 2 years' experience writing, producing and desktop editing systems.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to join AFTRA as this position may be covered by the AFTRA collective bargaining agreement
• Experience line-producing newscasts
• Experience editing content on a desktop editing system
• Ability to make priority decisions under a deadline
• Strong ability to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms
• Team player mentality
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0jvqm-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.