NBC Universal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a News Reporter. This position is responsible for gathering news information and preparing for presentation on-air, online and for OTT. The ideal candidate is hungry to cover the lead story, to pitch well thought out enterprise content, excels at covering breaking news and knows how to succeed on tight deadlines. In addition, a reporter at KXAS-TV has the opportunity to work with some of this best photographers and producers in the country, so the ability to collaborate is a must.
• Minimum 3 years television reporting
• Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong innovative storytelling
• Experience in contributing to station website
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through gecareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
* Must be willing to work in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area.
• Must submit a reel of own work to be considered
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary
• Must be able to work early mornings, late nights and on weekends
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's Degree
• General assignment reporting skills preferred
• Bilingual a plus
• Ability to enterprise stories
• Experience with digital editing and photography a plus
• Excellent writing skills.
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
• Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
• Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
• Work in a team environment
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1bnx-34-239-179-228-42 in your application.