If you are a creative Newscast Producer with outstanding news judgment, a sense of good production value, good time management skills and the desire to work in a high performing newsroom, then NBC Bay Area is looking for you. In this role you will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Desk, Digital Editors and Reporters on our weekday morning newscasts to develop, write, edit and produce news content for broadcast, digital and web platforms. We are looking for a journalist with impeccable writing, producing and organizational skills with a creative vision and a desire to break the mold. Bonus points if you have knowledge of the Bay Area. Interested? Then read on.
• Strong news writing skills and the ability to edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• A pioneering spirit with the creative desire to produce and present stories in new and different ways
• Must understand how to leverage social media platforms when producing stories
• Passion to research and develop stories on tight timelines
• Invested and engaged in the local community while understanding how to represent the local viewer
• Collaborative across all levels, highly organized and can work well with digital editors, reporters, assignment editors, writers and other producers
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years' experience producing newscasts in a TV newsroom environment
• Experience writing for and producing a newscast or a news organization in a mid-market is required
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver's License
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v4en-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.