Fort Worth, TX
Do you open your show with a 2-shot, say good evening, then use a stinger to toss to a live reporter in the field ''with more'' on the latest crime story? If so, this job isn't for you.
Imagine an environment where you could design a new show and bring that concept to a reality. NBC Owned Stations recently launched LX, a new news product, and we are seeking a producer who's ready to reinvent news.
We're looking for producers who are show designers and creative writers. This job provides a unique opportunity to join a team specifically designed to recreate the news for the next generation. We want journalists who believe content begins with the story.
Our programming will be authentic, interactive and informative and we need a Producer who is creative, organized and motivated to create and lead the evolution.
• Conceptualize and communicate your vision
• Organize and plan out content
• See product from start to finish, the overall production, timing, show design and writing of content on all platforms
• Knowledgeable of daily news and current events and awareness of what is news
• Must ensure accuracy, integrity, ethical values and balance of content
• Incorporate strategies for growth on broadcast and digital platforms
• Work closely with fellow producers, executive producers, editors and directors.
• Work directly with talent to ensure accurate and engaging content
• Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings
• B.A. in Journalism or related field
• Minimum 3 years of producer experience
• Strong skillset in line-producing
• Writing skills and creative ideas a must
• Proven leadership qualities
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Must be willing to work primarily at the office in Dallas, TX
• Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Excellent news judgment
• Detail oriented, organized and able to perform under intense deadline pressure
• Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
• Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for social consumption
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together