• Operate camera, sound, lighting and editing equipment to cover live and taped events
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel
• Interact with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room and acquisition personnel
• Proficient in HD lighting, HD videography, non-linear editing with Adobe Premier & Final Cut, Dalet editing, microwave truck operations, recording Skype interviews, phone interviews, operate Live U and Dejero
• Maintain equipment and vehicles by doing preventive maintenance and daily vehicle safety inspections
• Gather compelling video, natural sound and work with others to make sure it makes newscast
• At direction of the assignment desk respond to breaking news while obeying all traffic laws
• Be competitive and measured to make sure NBC10 & Telmundo62 is accurate and first
• Use courtesy and respect at all times and take extra caution when in the public's eye
• Attend editorial meetings to gain better understanding of overall process
• Must have a valid driver's license as well as a clean driving record
• Must adhere Environmental Health & Safety standards and regulations
• 3-5 years' experience in a top ten market
• Must be willing to submit a background investigation
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds of equipment at a given time
• Cable Reeler (23 pounds)
• Light Kit (33 pounds)
• Shoulder mount camera (20-25 pounds)
• TVU, LiveU, Dejero (portable units) – ranging from 11-18 pounds
• Must be able to stand for at least 2 hours at a time (in breaking news situations, may need to stand for longer periods of time – up to 8 hours)
• Must be able to operate a live truck
• Must be able to maneuver small spaces (in/out of vehicles and to be able to take camera video in tight spaces)
• Must be able to sit for up to 2 hours at a time (i.e. for editing purposes)
• Must be willing to join IBEW Union.
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA & surrounding areas.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice, and must be on-call to resolve issues
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license for authorized diving in the State of residence.
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day/7 days a week
• Strong storytelling, editorial, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline.
• Ability to simultaneously shoot, edit and operate an ENG/SNG newsgathering equipment
• Ability to work with bonded cellular live streaming technology such as LiveU, Dejero & TV U and Operate ENG/SNG vehicles under company guidelines and within proper safety parameters
• Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment constituencies (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc)
• Fluent in Spanish.