• Work closely with the Executive Producer and Producers to execute on directives including budget management, staffing oversight, and post/deliverables.
• Represent the show and brand across multiple functions and departments, including to third party and vendors, developing strategic relationships, and responding to corporate directives and objectives.
• Monitor news sources, scanners, digital media to stay informed and develop news stories and ideas.
• Make calls to gather information and book interviews.
• Develop, organize and maintain plan for news stories and future planning.
• Provide assistance to reporters and producers in gathering story elements and contacts.
• • Gather information from various sources and cut videos to provide to producers and reporters.
• Understand and follow all journalistic News Guidelines as assigned by corporate.
• Generate ideas and contribute content to digital platforms.
• Ensure projects meet predetermined deliverable specs and time/budget requirements.
• Oversee News Team's content from conceptualization through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/Writing/ Producing and Post.
• Diligent about production paperwork, music reporting, legal guidelines, journalistic standards, and adhering to the on-air working practices.
• 5+ years of experience working on a television News Assignment Desk or related position.
• Previous work experience requiring excellent organizational skills.
• Must work well under pressure and react quickly on tight deadlines.
• Experience providing content contributions for digital platforms.
• BS/BA degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• Strong News judgment and excellent instincts regarding News content.
• Ability to work contacts and sources to break stories.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge generating content for Digital Platforms.
• Multi-task efficiently; a quick thinker who can handle high-pressure situations on a consistent basis.
• Able to work well and contribute within a strong team environment.
• Able to work efficiently and productively with initiative.
• Must be a self-starter and be a dependable employee.
• Willing to work weekends and nights.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjv23-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.