Full Time Job
Multiplatform Sports & News Producer, NBC 6
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC 6 is looking for a talented multiplatform producer to create content for digital, social and broadcast platforms for both news and sports. A successful candidate will be able to work on news and sports content during the same shift.
• Determine and plan sports coverage, communicate coverage plans to the newsroom, and acquire credentials when needed for major sports events
• Produce original broadcast content for television news and sports segments
• Produce a weekly sports show on Sunday nights and other sports special shows as assigned
• Will conceive, shoot, edit and post creative content for digital and social media consumption
• Production of entire news and sports segments, including story development, script writing, video editing and ordering and filing graphics
• Collaborate with news producers, digital producers, anchors and reporters
• Produce original sports and news content for digital and streaming platforms
• Minimum 2 years of experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 2 years of experience writing, producing and desktop editing
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies
• Strong journalistic skills
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Ability to field produce, conduct interview and shoot stories
• Ability to make quality decisions under deadline
• Ability to line produce for sportscasts and newscasts
• B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field.
• Experience in developing broadcast, social and digital content
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, during breaking news emergencies including hurricanes and holidays as needed.
• Spanish speaking preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong knowledge of the Miami news market, teams and athletes
• Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines in a live TV environment
• Knowledge of sports video rights issues for various digital and broadcast platforms
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2ozz-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.