We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Universal Products & Experiences Overview:
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal's iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company's extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E's three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Parks & Resorts, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. https://www.universalproductsexperiences.com/
Universal Products & Experiences is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to fostering equitable and inclusive environments that honor the experiences, perspectives, and uniqueness of each colleague.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable brand multimedia graphic designer with video games and interactive content experience to join our UP&E Team. This exciting creative role is responsible for developing graphical content, UI layout direction, and producing internal communication collateral for many of the most well-known entertainment bands in the NBCUniversal portfolio. This role will be supporting the team responsible for all video games, metaverse, Interactive content, NFT and Web 3 experiences.
The right candidate will bring industry-leading expertise, and attention to detail, and is driven by visual entertainment storytelling. This person should have a solid understanding of graphic static/motion design, video editing, UI/UX, and composition/presentation that can translate these skills across various digital mediums using the latest industry tools.
We're looking for teammates who care deeply about the intellectual properties, products we create, and the people that make them. UP&E is a collaborative inclusive environment that builds on the internal culture of all voices and thoughts celebrated in the creative space. This position will have daily collaboration with marketing, production, and external development teams and report to the Sr. Director of Creative in Universal's Games and Digital Platforms group.
Now is the time to join UP&E as we build the future of entertainment together.
• Development of graphic and media design for internal collateral. This includes but is not limited to logos, Icons, UI, typography, composition layout, guidelines, presentations, motion media, and trailers.
• Master of storytelling with the ability to give creative directional feedback to licensed partnerships ensuring they stay on brand and deliver best-in-class creative.
• Ability to produce mock-ups and storyboards that provide a rough idea about the finished working design.
• Present project concepts and creative ideas to department leadership with the capacity to take direction from multiple stakeholders, think strategically, prioritize deadlines, and effectively work through challenges in a fast-paced environment.
• Develop strong relationships and partnerships with key business groups across the company including Production, Product Marketing, Franchise Management, Technology, and Publishing
• Initiate research and implementation of new techniques and processes to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of art production.
• Portfolio of professional design work (fully/largely created solely by the applicant, AI-generated art not accepted) that demonstrates skills, creativity, and expertise in graphic design, motion media, and video editing required.
• 4 + years of multimedia/presentation experience in entertainment and or AAA video games required including shipped products.
• Shipped AAA titles from established IP in a motion media role-ideally from pre-production through launch and live ops. Experience in Mobile, VR, and AR is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with building graphics, photo manipulation, color correction, presentations, guidelines, and video content.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Receptive to critique and feedback
• Solid project management skills and excellent knowledge of various project management methodologies and practices
• Strong process knowledge, attention to detail, organizational skills, and timely follow-up
• Good cross-disciplinary communications experience between engineering, production, design, and art
• Must be career focused on video games with a solid understanding of theatrical content.
• Software usage and understanding:
• After Effects - Motion graphics
• Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro - Video editing
• Adobe graphic suit - Design/layout
• MSFT and Apple suit - Presentation
• MSFT Teams, Trello, Miro, Airtable, and JIRA - Collaboration tools
• A degree from a four-year college, with a preference for an advanced degree
• Existing ability to work hands-on implementing art in-game concept prototypes.
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g44kjy-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.