Are you an experienced, innovative journalist with a desire to tell stories on all types of platforms? Do you have impeccable writing, producing and organizational skills with a creative vision and a desire to break the mold? Are you a self-starter with the ability to easily transition between platform, and work with many different journalists with different skills?
If so, then we're looking for you! Come join NBC Bay Area and shine as our content creator for our digital and broadcast platforms.
Put together your portfolio of your innovative multimedia work and submit your application!
Not required, but knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area is a plus.
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• A minimum of 3 years' experience producing or writing in a newsroom environment.
• Must be able to produce a news broadcast or segments for a broadcast.
• Experience writing for and producing a newscast or a news organization in a mid-major market is required.
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any shift in a 24/7 environment, willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• A pioneering spirit with the creative desire to produce and present stories in new and different ways
• Desire to explore new and emerging platforms
• Strong news writing skills and the ability to edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Must understand how to leverage social media platforms when producing and posting stories
• Passion to research and develop stories on tight timelines
• Invested and engaged in the local community while understanding how to represent the local viewer
• Must be a team player who is highly organized and who can work well with digital editors, reporters, assignment editors, writers and other producers
• Knowledge of how to use a web-publishing content management system is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re83w1-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.