As a Multi-Media Journalist you will work closely with news management gathering daily content where you will shoot, edit, write, produce, gather and report content on all of NBC Connecticut's platforms, including but not limited to broadcast and web.
• Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews, produce the content in the field, write and voice the story, and present the story live as scheduled on a designated newscast.
• Perform on-air responsibilities for designated newscast. Perform fill-in anchor assignments for all news programs, as requested or required.
• Work with news producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write, edit, and produce station news packages. Produce additional video and graphic presentations as requested.
• Contribute story ideas for key series pieces and lead stories for daily news programs. Research and write scripts for news content. Select video and coordinate the editing and graphic design production for material that appears on-air.
• Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories.
• • Build relationships with the community and community leaders for the purpose of developing connections to story leads. Develop and cultivate contacts within the community for news stories. Establish network of contacts and sources across Connecticut. Cooperate with and support NBC News, Newschannel and other Owned Television Stations.
• Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special promotions projects.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2 years' experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 2 years' experience writing, producing and desktop editing
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• This position is an AFTRA Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the AFTRA Union upon employment if not already a member.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications.
• Experience as a General Assignment Reporter
• Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
• Able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
• Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
• Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories.
• Prior experience delivering taped and live reports.
• Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage.
• Experience editing content on a desktop editing system.
• Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms.
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm50o3-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.