WTVJ is seeking a strong, self-starter, take-charge news producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. If you are a creative producer with solid news judgment who puts content first, this is the place for you. The right candidate thrives on breaking news and the urgency of a fast-paced, dynamic newscast. You'll be able to show off your producing skills and maximize video on our new set using new graphics.
The producer works closely with Executive Producers, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors. You'll need to write, copy edit, edit video, gather content and produce elements all under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy and credibility. You must be willing to react to breaking news, change your rundown accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news copy as well as produce other newscasts & specials as needed. Must be willing to work long hours during breaking news, hurricanes and severe weather, if required.
• Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field
• Minimum of 3 years experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and breaking news with short notice.
Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web, and mobile
• Experience as a producer in a major market for television, web based news service or mid-sized market
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tool
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Up-to-date on and interested in current news events
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
• Familiarity with South Florida and local leaders a plus
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zwp6-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.