Supervising News Producer
The NBC10 Boston News Producer will be responsible for news of the day, special coverage, in-depth stories, breaking news and other news-related content as needed.
• Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
• Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
• Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
• Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
• Produce news stories and specials as assigned
• Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
• Respond to breaking news and getting information on the air
• Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
• Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
• Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
• Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl at the bottom of the screen
• College degree Required
• Minimum of 3 years of television news line producing experience
• Minimum of 3 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
• Must be proficient in desktop editing
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Needham, MA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience line producing breaking news
• Excellent tease-writing skills
• High degree of flexibility in scheduling and assignments
• Driven interest in current events & local issues