Associate News Producer
We are looking for an engaging and personable anchor to help lead our AM newscasts. The right person must be a solid journalist who wants to play a role in the coverage plans for the newscast including participating in story choices and how they are presented. Must be a curious person who wants to help answer the questions the audience would have about the stories we present. Must be able to engage the audience in an authentic way as someone the audience loves watching and want to watch on a regular basis. Must be able to present news under pressure, during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts. Responsible for, but not limited to, gathering information, writing and editing newsworthy events including covering breaking/spot news, general news, sports and feature stories relevant to the South Florida community. Will create web content. Help elevate the level of storytelling in all scripts including those reported, written and produced for all platforms. Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news stories. Also responsible for writing stories, headlines and news updates. Work as part of a team responsible for gathering and presenting news on multiple platforms.
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Must possess a minimum of 5 years television anchor and or reporter experience.
• Must be willing to work at the station in the Miramar location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
• Working knowledge of Social Media
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
• Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Have the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to edit video