• Drive accurate weather forecasts and content on all platforms
• Be available at any time dangerous weather conditions occur
• Deliver urgent and accurate breaking weather news
• Keep news team informed of upcoming weather conditions for coverage plans
• Work directly with WSI to troubleshoot issues or needs
Produce weather forecasts, segments and stories
• Tell the market's weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
• Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Use of social media daily and especially during severe events.
• Integrate use of augmented reality graphics into daily weather presentations
• Minimum of three years' experience as a television weather meteorologist/anchor.
• Seal from accredited national weather organization (NWA, AMS) preferred
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have the ability to work flexible and sometimes long hours due to the nature of weather events.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to heavy snow, hurricanes, tornados, severe thunderstorms, flooding and ice events
• Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when it happens.
• BS degree in meteorology preferred.
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confidant
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills (working knowledge of WSI system preferred.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5m0n-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.