CBS Television Stations
Fort Worth, TX
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: NBC Universal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXTX TV, is looking for a Meteorologist.
• Tell the market's weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers on all T39 platforms.
• Produce content for multiple platforms.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting weather stories, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
• Produce weather graphics, including augmented reality, and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Work with the weather team and producers to create complete coverage of weather stories. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
• Some live reporting, and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Minimum of two years experience as a television meteorologist.
• Experience with severe weather coverage.
• Degree in meteorology. Certificates, seals and correspondence courses are not acceptable substitutes for more formalized training.
• Special consideration for those proficient in Photoshop and other 3D software.
• Spanish-fluent (spoken and written)
• External applicants must submit a resume through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #).
• Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including the possibility of nights and weekends.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas just south of DFW Airport
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Compelling on-air presence - crisp, clear, and confident delivery.
• Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
• Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment.