Universal City, CA
• Provide frontline, hands-on support for digital media operations for KNBC\KVEA
• Service multiple internal clients (news, sports, sales, promotions) using a customer service approach
• Manage external client relationships with other broadcast and media companies
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of Digital Media on shared servers
• Ingest from web, transfer file based media and set up protection and private files in a media asset management system
• Responsible for maintaining and purging of the file system
• Attend to the daily maintenance and trouble reporting needs of the Grass Valley Stratus system
• Support Windows operating environment
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 5 years of broadcast operations experience including familiarity with/use of non-linear post production software, media asset management software (administrative), an understanding of broadcast signals, broadcast video playback systems, media archival systems
• Minimum 5 years' experience supporting Windows operating environment
• Experience working with digital media file formats, such as .MXF, .MOV, .DV, .MPEG, etc., and file conversion
• Working knowledge of the post-production process from media acquisition to playback for air
• Bachelor is Degree in Journalism, Communications, Information Technology, Media Management, Broadcast Engineering, or related field experience.
• Must have a flexible schedule with willingness to travel, work overtime, and on weekends or holidays with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Manage media: import files from web. Practices should include discerning highest quality content from download options, digital perceptive, advanced troubleshooting capabilities in fast-paced environment.
• Record events in Scheduler: Use common recording practices that enable accuracy in identifying content with iNews slug (from live sheet, planner, or rundown, depending on to be determined newsroom policy). Communicate information about recordings to the Newsroom as necessary using a 'pro-active' approach, not re-active at all times. Create and manage recurring events. Adjust recordings as needed.
• Knowledge of Grass Valley Stratus and DALET (digital media asset management) preferred. Serve as frontline support to Grass Valley Stratus/Edius news production issues by providing basic troubleshooting methods to the newsroom. Escalate non basic issues to the IT department and upper management.
• Media Manager skills: Strong PC / Mac skills, strong computer troubleshooting abilities on local, and LAN environments. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Strong eye for quality, comfortable with viewing particularly difficult news stories, graphic content, etc
• Must exemplify top notch customer service, understand the relationships between Media Managers and the clients they service
• Knowledge of using web scan solutions and Skype audio video communications tools for interviews.
• Knowledge of digital production software such as DALET, Bits Central, Flip Factory, Rhozet or Vantage workflows. Hands-on editing experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working in a broadcast and/or digital newsroom environment
• Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news, environment
• Make priority decisions under deadlines
• A pioneering spirit with desire learn emerging technologies and invent the future
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together