Division: NBCUniversal International
Position: Marketing Manager Australia, hayu
Reports to Marketing Director, APAC
Location: Sydney, Australia
About us and the role
hayu is the first all-reality subscription video-on-demand service of its kind - available in 27 markets globally across: the UK, Ireland, Australia, the Nordics, Canada, Benelux union, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Switzerland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic on a full array of devices (mobile, tablet, laptop & smart TVs) at www.hayu.com. Over 300 shows and over 8,000 episodes are downloadable to watch-on-the-go, including Keeping Up With the Kardashians and its spin-offs – along with The Real Housewives, Below Deck and Million Dollar Listing franchises. The majority of US shows debut on the service the same day as their US launch.
A brilliant opportunity to join a unique SVOD service at a hugely exciting time and play an integral role in the growth of the brand across the APAC region. The Marketing Manager will play a crucial role delivering key marketing activities spanning multiple channels including ATL, TTL and BTL alongside partnerships and events across a number of Asia Pacific territories to drive our D2C and B2B platforms. Situated in the Sydney office, the role's remit will primarily focus on Australia.
The role requires strong collaboration with wider global marketing team functions such as acquisition, retention, social and research whilst working closely with the commercial team and senior management. The role will support the Marketing Director APAC (Sydney-based) to interpret the overarching global brand strategy and execute campaigns that resonate locally and meet business objectives.
The successful candidate will be as passionate about reality TV as they are about marketing combined with thirst to work in a digital, data driven business. They will need to be capable of building out strategy, developing and creating tactical campaigns, manage stakeholders both internally (creative, finance, legal, research, content, commercial and product) as well as external partners, suppliers and agencies. A balanced creative and analytical mindset is required alongside the ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
Now in the 5th year of operations the global business and team have experienced rapid growth in a short period of time, and the environment is hard working, fast paced and collaborative.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
• Work with the Marketing Director APAC in the creation of territory strategies and campaigns to build annual marketing plans to drive awareness and subscription objectives
• Account manage multiple B2B partners across media, tech, and telco's in order to co-create and execute effective marketing activity to drive core consumer metrics
• Manage local PR agencies, ensuring best in class BTL strategies and execution
• Work closely with global PR lead on consumer and trade comms and talent opportunities
• Work cohesively with agencies and social team to create and execute brand activations, identify good fit influencers and ensure alignment across all channels
• Own and manage territory budgets including day to day financial management of POs and invoicing
• Act as brand champion for hayu, working with Marketing Director APAC to continuously evaluate and refine the brand proposition alongside ensuring creative alignment and tone of voice across all media touch point
• Manage media agencies to develop good fit ATL and Digital awareness plans for territories
• Manage the creative concepting, briefing and workflow with in house and external creative teams
• Ensure local compliance for all marketing activity in territory
• Leverage available data and insights from the insight and analytics teams to develop activity that is targeted and delivers results
• Identify territory qual and quant research opportunities that help inform direction
• Build close collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across Finance, Commercial, Product, Content and Legal
• Create presentations and pitches for the wider team, for both internal and stakeholders and external partners
• Work cross functionally to set up, create and execute promotional offers and partnerships
• Support other territory leads on key campaign and share knowledge
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proven track record of defining Australian marketing strategy and translating to tactical plans
• Deep understanding of Australian female consumers and preferably worked on a brand that has built strong a connection and affinity with this audience
• Expert on the Australian media & entertainment landscape
• Experience in managing commercial partnerships
• Strong financial acumen in order to manage budgets, analyze efficiency of marketing initiatives and support the overall corporate financial objectives
• Able to demonstrate 360 integrated campaigns, plus a strong understanding of media planning and execution
• A self-starter with the ability to navigate change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Eye for detail and flare for creative
• Strong communicator that can influence whilst facilitates dialogue
• Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong digital marketing literacy and an understanding of managing digital brands
• Experienced in managing creative campaigns through to delivery
• 5+ years' experience in a B2C brand role, within media, entertainment industry, or digital female brand
• Proactive manager who is comfortable working remotely across multiple territories
• Bachelor's degree or relevant marketing experience
• Highly desirable:
o SVOD/OTT experience
o Experience working in a global organization across different time zones and cultures
o Enjoyment and strong knowledge of reality TV
o Experience of working on brands with a female millennial consumer
o Previous marketing experience in Asian territories a bonus
• Eligible to work in Australia
• Able to work flexible hours across several time zones (including but not limited to UK)
• Must be internationally mobile
• Fluent written and spoken English
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx973-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.