The Manager, Client Experience & Industry Partnerships, will help manage NBCUniversal's curated leadership events and strategic presence at media industry conferences to increase demand and awareness of NBCUniversal and its marketplace offerings. These client experiences and partnerships are intended to demonstrate NBCUniversal's thought-leadership position in the media, data and technology advertising marketplaces. This role will also act as a critical liaison internally and externally when working with sales leadership and corporate communications.
This position will report to the Director, Client Experience + Industry Partnerships and will work closely with key stakeholders across the ad sales division from marketing to sales to corporate communications.
• Work closely with Director and NBCU Ad Sales Leadership to determine strategic marketing & client experience strategy throughout the year and manage communications calendar.
• Work closely with corporate communications to manage marketplace messaging and optimize industry partnerships.
• Work with cross-functional team to help manage, coordinate and evolve client database efforts.
• Strategically approach each industry partner/conference/event with a fresh perspective, identifying opportunities for more bespoke/inviting/engaging executional ideas to set NBCUniversal apart from the competition.
• Develop and manage relationships with conference/event hosts; Secure and brief potential guest speakers, managing contractual process.
• Ideate new ways to deliver on NBCU strategic priorities throughout the year.
• Manage external vendor strategic and executional partners.
• Work with NBCU Corporate Events to plan and execute hospitality details.
• Collaborate with NBCU internal creative services regarding NBCU brand representation.
• Manage internal relationships with Research, Consumer Marketing, Legal, etc.
• Communicate objectives, strategy and details to Ad Sales attendees attending curated events and conference activations, as well as create robust recaps post event/conference.
• Establish and manage individual conference/event and overall annual budgets with NBCU Finance.
• 4-6 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or events, where individual was responsible for supporting cross-functional teams in the development of presentations, sponsorship, creative and promotions
• Experience and/or exposure to the agency, client, and media sales landscape preferred
• Strong communication, writing and project-management skills
• Bachelor's Degree
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines while staying on budget – for example, marketing collateral, branding, merchandise, event execution, etc.
• Ability to distill complex projects and information into succinct insights, positioning, and solutions.
• General understanding of advertising marketplace across various platforms.
• Self-Starter with strong organizational, project & event management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., the ability to interact with all levels of management internally and externally).
• A team player with a positive & flexible attitude.
• Meticulous with a keen eye for detail, organization, and design.
• Comfortability with marketing operations and CRM tools.
• A comprehensive understanding of the suite of Microsoft Office tools, presentation platforms, etc.