Manager, Sales Administration
Universal City, CA
The Manager, Sales Administration reports to the Sales Administration Director and participates in the management and supervision of the department, offering support and assistance to the entire team where needed. The Manager is responsible for managing TV deals in all media for a number of designated territories. They work closely with the Sales team to support negotiations. The Manager will work with Finance to support the preparation of long range and annual pacing plans. They will substitute for Director during absences. Supervise Sales Administrator(s).
• Create and manage windowing schedules for specific territories by monitoring new product that becomes available and its rights. Ensure product is windowed through all eligible TV deals in order to maximize per title and per deal revenue.
• Responsible for identifying eligible titles and scheduling them for their 'first-run' digital window.
• Work with local home video and theatrical divisions to develop territory-specific strategies to exploit local acquisitions.
• Establish direct relationships with TV clients & assist them with queries/needs that arise.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with the relevant staff in their territories, particularly the Sales Liaisons in Territory; co-ordinate with them regarding product strategy in terms of our new media, pay, and free/basic output deals. Support Sales by creating, tailoring and tracking product offer lists.
• Collaborate with Servicing team to ensure timely delivery of product materials.
• Liaise with Sales, Legal, Finance, Accounting, Servicing, and Marketing to ensure the company's contractual obligations and interests.
• Collaborate with Finance and Sales on the budgeting process/financial planning by forecasting titles and volumes for future years by media and territory.
• Update forecasted titles and projected license fees each quarter for all titles and deals in their territory.
• Conduct Field Order review for designated deals / territories to ensure contractual processes and policies across all deals.
• Coach direct report(s) and organize the team's workload to;
• Effectively manage TV output, volume & package deals for a number of designated territories.
• Provide availability lists to Sales or TV clients directly, per contractual obligations within output / volume deals and per requests from Sales to support new initiatives. Confirm client selections.
• Send legally binding notices (''product inclusion & product selections letters'') to clients per contractual obligations within output & volume deals. Ensure all contractual obligations and deadlines are met.
• Input and track EST, VOD, SOD, PPV, Pay, Basic Cable and Free TV licenses using SAFE database (or new systems as they become available), process deals internally and obtain deal approvals.
• Track production budgets/negative costs/box office figures/admission figures/number of prints/air dates/etc. of theatrical and television product per contractual requirements.
• Share responsibility for recruitment and training of new hires.
• Provide backup to Director during absences, supervising day to day Sales Administration activities of the team.
• Act as a contact for internal and external queries during Director's absence and assist Director while present.
• Assist on ad hoc projects and perform other related duties as requested by Management
• Provide training and support to sales administration colleagues.
• College degree and/or five years of relevant work experience
• 5 years of professional work experience in media including at least 3 years' experience in TV licensing / distribution.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Demonstrated computer literacy (excellent excel skill).
• High level of organizational skills, ability to multitask and excellent attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally with both internal and external clients/customers.
• Team player willing to be flexible and responsive to the business/department needs.
• Must work effectively under own initiative.
• Understanding of avails and product windowing.
• Proactive individual who contributes to the efficiency of the department.
• Ability to read and interpret legal agreements/documents.