You will be providing support for all Planning & Inventory elements including stewardship and deal approval. Ideal candidate would become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the digital and linear pricing aspects of Planning, with a focus on the internal systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support Senior Planning Manager with various ad hoc projects, including but not limited to working with Sales /Planning /Research/Marketing/Finance Leads
• Providing systems support across linear and digital platforms, such as creating and updating selling names, adjusting scoping, working on MSAs and Kantar Media updates
• Iterative process of working on the linear rate cards, including uploading research estimates and double-checking data as the team receives updated information from Research, Planning and Finance
• Act as Sports Digital SME, including understanding of sponsorships, marketing elements, social metrics, distribution points and other nuances within the ecosystem
• Create templated digital and linear media plans
• Assist in reviewing and approving Sales Plans, Pricing & Packaging Mix Guidelines for Upfront and Scatter Markets
• Strategically maximize revenue through Inventory utilization
• Monitor Post Sale Stewardship deal delivery and strategize to maximizing revenue yield
• Analyze Sales Revenue Pacing reports and present your findings to Sales and Planning
• Oversee a group of Sports Planners' day-to-day functions
• Manage Sports Planners to enforce all Sales deadlines, policies and procedures
• Work with Planning SME's to improve best practices and business processes
• Contribute to the training and development of Planners and Planning Analyst
• Salary Range: $85,000-$95,000; bonus eligible
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years related experience in media Sales Planning or Buying
• Excellent Time Management, Presentation Skills & Desire to Train Others
• Strong Media Math Skills and Understanding of Audience Age/Gender/Targeted Metrics
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, OnAir, Op1, UWS
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY in a hybrid capacity; Tuesday - Thursday on-site, Monday and Friday remote, with the flexibility to adjust as business needs dictate.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• This position requires a strong media math skill set, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Possess strong computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Mainframe and Dealmaker is preferred, but not required.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-robwnp-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.