Supervise the sales planning and daily operations for the NEWS GROUP in a ONE PLATFORM Sales Organization (Early Morning, Nightly News, MSNBC, MTP, CNBC Business Day). Role includes providing support for all Planning & Inventory elements including stewardship and deal approval. Manage aspects of inventory through strong working relationships with sales, inventory and traffic to ensure maximum usage and placement of ad time in a ONE PLATFORM go to market strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Strategically maximize revenue through Inventory utilization via One Platform
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of News Sales rate cards with Finance and Planning Leads
• Assist in reviewing and approving News Sales Plans, Pricing & Packaging Mix Guidelines for Upfront and Scatter Markets
• Create One Platform Upfront / Scatter Sales Packages & One Digital Video Stewardship guidelines across the Portfolio (Linear/Digital)
• Monitor Post Sale Stewardship deal delivery and strategize to maximizing revenue yield via One Platform strategy
• Analyse Sales Revenue Pacing reports and present your findings to Sales/Planning/Finance Leaders vs Budget & Current View
• Oversee the Planning Analysts day to day responsibilities
• Manage One Platform Planners to enforce all Sales deadlines, policies and procedures
• Work with Planning SME's to improve best practices and business process in a One Platform environment
• Contribute to the training and development of Planners and Planning Analyst
• Support Various Ad hoc Projects, with Sr Sales/Planning /Research/Marketing/Finance Leads across the Portfolio
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years related experience in media Sales Planning or Buying
• Excellent Time Management & People Skills
• Strong Media Math Skills and Understanding of Audience Age/Gender/Targeted Metrics
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Research, In House Systems
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• This position requires a strong media math skill set, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Possess strong computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Working knowledge of Mainframe and Dealmaker is preferred, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk393-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.