Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The Manager, Entertainment Events is responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of events including media and launches, character appearances, integrated marketing, internal Team Member events and Marquee projects. The Manager supervises Assistant Managers and Supervisors in the planning and execution of events.
• Ensure that the Universal Studios Hollywood vision, mission & values, and Guest Service Philosophy & Standards are understood and supported across the organization.
• Essential Accountabilities:
• Cultivate and lead a department culture that promotes a professional, collaborative, inspiring, fun and teamwork-driven work setting for all Team Members.
• Oversee the daily operation of a specific show venue and/or area, including managing staff and process/procedures, and providing necessary direction and/or support for Guests, Team Members and operations. Assign projects and duties to direct reports and communicate ongoing expectations.
• Assist with the creation, implementation and management of an on-going Action Plan to improve and maintain Team Member engagement and satisfaction (TSAT).
• Have knowledge and maintain all show quality across all entertainment products and communicate any concerns or feedback to the appropriate stakeholder(s), including Show Quality Team.
• Oversee and manage labor and non-labor budgets, including reporting variance explanations. Work with senior leadership to adjust budgets (and appropriate tracking documents) based upon operational requirements. Plan and develop operating budget (IOP) and capital expenditures for following fiscal year.
• Oversee the operational efficiency and effectiveness of administration, venue/show, area and/or elements. Resolve any issues as they arise and seek opportunities to improve process and procedures collaborating with stakeholders, Team Members, etc. as appropriate.
• Provide direction, development and support to supervisors, leads and hourly Team Members. Communicate feedback and address any and all performance issues, providing recognition, coaching.
• Works with Entertainment Operations and Entertainment Production on administrative issues.
• Responsible to ensure an annual updated and accurate SOP/GOP available to all Team Members. Ensure that all compliance training/requirements (i.e Floor Warden, AMQD ride survey, etc.) appropriate area/element is developed, updated and completed in accordance with annual plan and deadlines.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health and Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training, and employee involvement activities. Includes completion of I&I, housekeeping and/or other safety follow-up documentation as required for department.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with other park department leaders and stakeholders.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
3.Team & Department Strategy:
• Lead the creation of an annual calendar for all projects. Create milestone documents for each project using the information from the annual calendar.
• Ensure that team meetings are held once per week to review each project next steps, establish priorities, assignments and deadlines. Create and maintain project tracking tool(s) to communicate steps, priorities and assignments to share with the team and Sr. Manager ongoing.
• Build annual budget for both labor and non-labor needs, and ensure proper budgetary guidelines are followed throughout the year.
• Lead the planning and execution of Team Member interviews for Seasonal Supervisors and other related support positions.
• Partner with Show Quality Team and Entertainment Operation and Production to ensure standards are routinely reviewed and updated. Forge productive collaborations with each team and lead/facilitate through stages of ambiguity. Update Sr. Manager routinely where there are issues with partners.
• Lead an After-Action Review process after each project. Create and maintain tracking of feedback that can be incorporated into future projects. Create post-project report that is shared with department leadership.
• Development of Direct Reports and Seasonal Reports:
• Using company performance development tools, administer performance feedback, coaching and annual evaluations for direct reports.
• Ensure that job descriptions for direct reports are updated annually and approved by Sr. Manager. Review updated job description with direct report at their annual evaluation.
• In partnership with Sr. Manager, design plans for Team Members' involvement with each project, ensuring their experience from beginning to end is planned, smoothly executed, and they have the tools they need to effectively deliver consistent results for Guests and other Team Members.
• Lead initial on-boarding and training as well as on-going skills development for all seasonal support staff. Set expectations and leadership standards for all seasonal support staff of assigned event.
• Ensure that tracking and relaying performance feedback, coaching and annual evaluations for seasonal supervisors and/or support personnel is assigned and executed.
4. Project Planning and Advancing:
• Maintain and review milestone documents for each project. Ensure they are updated weekly.
• Working with partners, colleagues and leadership team, develop and implement programs to improve Guest and Team Member satisfaction.
• Lead the development, implementation and follow through of various Health & Safety programs for each project.
• Partner with Entertainment Production, Operations and other Park partners to ensure a seamless transition between pre-production phase
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby10e-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.