Social Media Community Manager
Universal City, CA
• Work closely with the VP and Universal Brand Development Games & Digital Platforms leadership to develop and execute product and growth strategies to support digital media and mobile partnerships with the goal of driving audience and revenue growth and expanding the reach of Universal's film content across major platforms worldwide in alignment with overall brand strategy.
• Engage as primary point of contact with key partners in the digital personalization and digital collectibles categories and provide support to other digital media partners. Lead overall communication and day-to-day account management for the group with partners including Apple, Amazon, KakaoTalk, LINE, Facebook, and Samsung.
• Plan, develop, and manage product lines, creative direction, schedules, marketing activations, and distribution strategies with license partners in the above categories.
• Interact with industry-leading platform owners across mobile, messaging, digital collectibles, digital video, voice, and augmented reality to plan and execute the launch of Universal-themed products and experiences on such platforms.
• Identify, research, and evaluate new business opportunities based on market trends and emerging digital technologies suitable for Universal IP and franchises. Work with VP and UBD Business Development team to pitch and negotiate these opportunities.
• Collaborate with internal Creative, Brand Marketing and Franchise Management teams, as well as other stakeholders, to efficiently manage creative feedback, reviews, and approvals for licensed products.
• Partner with international UBD teams to coordinate global digital product releases and related co-promotional programs.
• Assist in video and clip content review, clearance, and programming for partner and owned-and-operated digital video channels.
• Provide key digital audience and revenue performance insights and recommendations supported by data to inform digital media strategy.
• Support negotiation of digital media licensing partnerships and ensure that partner contractual requirements are met.
• Work closely with:
• UBD Finance on category budgeting and forecasting, revenue reporting, and revenue collection.
• UBD Global Asset Management on the distribution of creative assets to partners and digital product approvals.
• UBD Research and Insights on audience engagement analysis.
• UBD Legal and Business Affairs on contract management.
• Various teams across NBCUniversal, including Brand Marketing and Franchise Management, Digital Marketing, Digital Enterprises, DreamWorks Animation, and Peacock on new business and cross-marketing initiatives as appropriate.
• Present partner performance reports to UBD management teams on a periodic basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years of experience in digital media content partnerships, business development, marketing, or project management, preferably at a studio, broadcast or cable network, digital content publisher / network, or content platform.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• Experience managing third party content partnerships, digital products, and/or digital video and a strong knowledge of licensing principles.
• Proven ability to define and develop actionable digital content, audience development, and monetization strategies and to manage projects on schedule and on budget.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously and autonomously while maintaining a strict attention to detail.
• Good creative and design sensibilities coupled with the ability to clearly communicate and provide feedback on creative direction and guidelines.
• A strong understanding and knowledge of the iOS and Android ecosystems as well as digital media, digital video, and mobile platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, Apple App Store and iMessage, Amazon Alexa, KakaoTalk, LINE, and Samsung, with an eye towards emerging trends and future growth opportunities.
• Strong business judgment, ability to think strategically, analytical skills, and ability to propose strategy backed by analysis presented in a clear and compelling manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to problem solve and generate new creative ideas.
• Ability to work collaboratively with and influence multiple stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels within a global company.
• Interest in and knowledge of the film and TV industry and familiarity with the internal workings of a major motion picture studio.
• MBA preferred, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zp20-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.