NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Global Customer Financial Operations is a hybrid shared services organization that oversees the global order-to-cash functions for the NBCUniversal Media LLC company, which include Ad Sales, TV Distribution, Universal Pictures International, Universal Products & Experiences, and many other major divisions. The mission of GCFO is to facilitate sales, accelerate cash flow, mitigate risk, and provide customer service excellence.
The Manager, Customer Financial Partnerships is the lead customer liaison on behalf of GCFO with both external advertising agencies or clients-direct and internal Sales leadership and manages a large and diverse accounts receivable portfolio with a client-focus mindset on achieving optimal customer on-boarding experience, credit evaluation, collections, and dispute management. This role is responsible for performing complex credit evaluations and decisioning on new and existing customers.
The successful candidate will have strong relationship building skills with the ability to negotiate and persuade, when necessary, has the ability to work independently as well as part of a large global team.
• The Manager is accountable for ensuring the integrity of active customer master data and compliance of AML/KYC policies.
• Perform due diligence to ensure compliance to NBCU's liability, billing, or payment terms. Facilitate sales through creative and collaborative solutioning with Sales and Legal.
• Grow customer relationships externally and internally with all levels of inter-dependent order-to-cash teams.
• Perform data analytics and present key business insights to influence customer and sales leadership on process improvements to effect efficiencies and provide better customer experience.
• Align with Sales Partnership teams in developing plans to effectively resolve collection matters or in defense of special credit terms while preserving customer relationship.
• Develop collections strategy leveraging predictive analytics, credit risks scores, and historical data to proactively achieve optimal collections on vast portfolio.
• Prepare monthly cash forecasts and variance analysis.
• Obtain customer payment commitments and identify root cause of issue impeding collections.
• Timely resolve complex disputes with cross-functional teams.
• Provide exceptional customer service and timeliness when addressing inquiries.
• Lead BPO in researching and resolving cash application queries and reconciling cash-in-advance accounts.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum 5 years credit and collections experience, preferably media industry and/or shared services model
• Strong expertise in evaluating complex credit profiles, scores, and financials and providing defensible credit decisions
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and agility to pivot as needed
• Extensive knowledge of key performance indicators in order-to-cash processes
• Strong experience in customer-centric role, building relationships both internally and externally
• Proven capacity to sift through complex AR and risk data, perform analysis, and identify relevant and meaningful insights
• Demonstrated process improvement experience in order-to-cash
• Knowledge of bankruptcy law and proactive measures in credit and collections management to avert bad debt and preference claim
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Highly resourceful with the ability to problem solve issues that may arise
• Ability to build consensus
• Strong desire to promote a positive culture
• Proficient with ERP systems, SAP preferred, and Salesforce
• Advanced Excel – PowerPoint a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $80,000 - $100,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2k9n-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.