This is an exciting role to work and grow in the intersection of ad tech, media and data science. We are looking for a self-starter who is proficient in advanced analytics/data science and has strong interest in advertising or media tech. You will have the exposure to cutting edge technologies and will work closely with product team, ad sales, research, industry vendors and play an integral part to drive the measurement innovation across NBCU portfolios. The Manager will report to Director of Cross-Platform and Currency Measurement.
We don't have a typical day-to-day because every day is different! This list just gives you an idea.Key Activities:
• Research on cutting edge media measurement methodologies, run test queries on sample data and synthesize research findings to senior leadership
• Supervises, mentors, and helps develop direct reports on appropriate career paths
• Plays a key role in running the operational day-to-day aspect of assigned area
• Initiates data investigations and analyze various kinds of data across different data sources and use cases
• Conduct log level analysis using NBCU 1st party data, and or 3rd party data from the Audience Insights Hub
• Utilize research tools (Nielsen, Kantar, iSpot, VideoAmp, etc.) to conduct media consumption analysis, competitive analysis, advertising campaign performance and create presentations with insights and visualizations
• Help Sr. Manager or VP to manage various test & learn projects (timelines, agenda, deliverables, analysis, findings etc.)
• Partner with product, IT, client strategy teams and influence go to marketing or sales strategy of NBCU ad offerings
• Proactively encourages and helps direct reports to continuously learn about industry and clients
• Work with senior research leaders in evaluating new research tools and other data sources/vendors to understand capabilities and potential benefits to full funnel media measurement
• Collaborate across NBCU Measurement & Impact teams on measurement projects, learning initiatives, etc.
• Minimum of bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Math, Statistics, Economics, Marketing Analytics, Communications, Media or related field (Master's degree preferred)
• Minimum of two years full-time, post-graduation work experience in data analytics, media research, or data science with ad tech company, digital entertainment company, advertising agency, media research provider or data analytics firm
• Understanding of statistics concepts and methods
• 2+ year of experience with SQL, R or Python, or demonstration of independently accomplished data science projects involving data manipulation, visualization, and statistical modeling.
• Understanding of broadcast/cable, Connected TV/OTT and digital media landscapes is a PLUS.
• Prior experience/knowledge in the ad-tech measurement space, data manage platforms, cloud databases (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, etc.) is preferred
• Self-starter who can perform independently and proactively while working in a collaborative team environment
• Strong knowledge of machine learning techniques and applications in media industry
• Knowledge of cross-platform measurement across digital, linear, and streaming (including CTV/OTT, addressable TV, etc.) a plus
• Knowledge of Multi-Touch Attribution, Media Mix Modeling a plus
• Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a fast paced, results oriented environment, and aligning the interests of multiple stakeholders
• Data processing and experience with data visualization tools (DOMO and Tableau) a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyeoym-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.