NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,500 feature films and 120,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Audience Research & Analysis department is responsible for supporting NBCU's Global Distribution, Networks and D2C businesses with audience-based quantitative and qualitative reporting, insights, and strategic analysis in all international territories across all platforms.
The Research Manager plays a pivotal role providing analytical and strategic support toward the global distribution of NBCU content. Key responsibilities are to support TVD Sales Executives and all related content licensing efforts, contributing to all aspects of audience analysis pertinent to global licensing, with emphasis on the U.S and Latin America.
This position seeks a candidate who is a self-starter, passionate about data analytics and the entertainment industry. The ideal candidate will independently initiate and own significant projects in response to and in anticipation of business needs and challenges, have a rich understanding of traditional and digital landscapes, be a strategic thinker and avid TV consumer, possess strong presentation and data skills, collaborate seamlessly with Sales, Marketing, and other groups of peers, and possess critical thinking in applying insightful analyses to advance NBCU's business objectives.
• Provide pertinent expertise and insights related to NBCU program performance on linear and non-linear platforms, as well as a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, particularly in Latin America and the US
• Provide strong support to the Senior Director of Research in department management, including the supervision of projects, budgeting, and supplier relations.
• Independently self-manage and organize; and have the ability to set project priorities and manage requests from internal clients.
• Provide TVD with research-based deal support, working with commercial, strategy and finance teams as well as other sales support functions such as sales planning, legal and marketing.
• Create engaging and client ready research-based sales materials to support TVD.
• Present directly to clients in meetings, and separately take initiative to engage and interact with clients.
• Independently manage research projects from inception to completion, including the interpretation of audience data and the writing of internal reports and external sales materials.
• Create and manage research analyses housed within data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI, Domo).
• Gather research and intelligence on competitive landscape, clients, digital and programming trends within the designated markets.
• Directly supervise an intern and provide project-based supervision to an Analyst.
• Support Sales Team with strategic, research-based advice related to advertising revenue and marketplace intelligence.
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate cross-platform media consumption reports based on defined projects using various international systems/software's.
• Create and implement new and dynamic methods in presenting research.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum of 3-4 years media research experience with a content distributor/studio, broadcast or cable network, ad agency, internet company, digital service/platform or research firm.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including knowledge of advanced functions.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• International research experience is a bonus, but not required.
• Competence with various research software/tools such as Nielsen NNTV/NPower, TechEdge, ITVR, Plum, and IBOPE Media Workstation is preferred.
• Proficiency in data science tools and techniques.
• Strong grasp of TV and digital research terminology and methodology.
• Understanding of the evolving landscape as it relates to TV, media, entertainment and digital.
• Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle priorities and deadlines.
• Independent, strategic thinker who can take on a project from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
• Eagerness to demonstrate actionable insights via public speaking among internal and external clients, as needed.
• Willingness to work extended hours when needed.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus.
• Management experience of direct reports preferred.
• A passion for television, both happenings in the industry and TV shows themselves.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjm5k-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.