Manager, Ad Sales Insights & Positioning
New York, NY
NBCUniversal is looking for a Manager, Cross Platform Ad Sales Insights & Measurement to support NBCU assets utilizing and developing research-driven solutions which identify the value proposition of our partnership for advertisers. This role supports the Ad Sales and Marketing teams by providing audience measurement, consumer insights, marketplace positioning and strategic research development. This role will be responsible for reporting and performance evaluation of advertiser campaigns, in addition to contributing towards greater ad sales research initiatives for the NBCU portfolio. Candidates must be highly skilled in using research and analytics to develop actionable insights and effective storytelling.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Director and VP of Ad Sales Insights & Measurement to create effective sales positioning that differentiates NBCU portfolio in the marketplace
• Analyze user behavior, create and maintain key reports, dashboards and analyses utilizing web analytics tools.
• Provide planned and proactive campaign specific insights to drive business decisions and strategy.
• Work with Sales and Marketing teams to respond to stakeholders RFIs, RFPs & Measurement inquiries.
• Support sales with the development of strong positioning stories to highlight the value of our cross portfolio, cross platform audience and sponsorship opportunities to the advertising community.
• Collaborate with the larger Insights & Measurement team to position NBCU's portfolio and Partnerships.
• Development of agency, client, category, content insights and positioning.
• Utilize primary and syndicated research to demonstrate the effectiveness of sponsorships and NBCU's value for partners.
• Quantify the impact of TV, Digital, Social and emerging media.
• To provide proactive performance and success stories across NBCU Hispanic and Multicultural to aide in sales efforts.
• Ability to train team members in efficient and effective analytics reporting techniques
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3+ years' experience in TV, Digital and Social media research and/or emerging media
• Knowledge of media metrics & landscape; including television, digital, social and cross-media
• 1+ year of management experience. Seeking an individual to collaborate and oversee the day-to-day business of delivering insights on client RFIs, RFPs, measurement requests, etc.
• Candidate should have a proven track record of successfully project managing various measurement and analytics opportunities from ideation to final deliverable
• Strong computer skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills required
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Linear, digital & social experience
• Management/training experience with lower level analysts
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ideal candidate will have strong hands-on working knowledge and experience with a variety of TV, digital & social syndicated reporting databases and software such as Nielsen NPower, Nielsen Social Content Ratings, Lake5, comScore/Rentrak, Adobe, ListenFirst, Canvs, Shareablee, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Snapchat Analytics, MRI, YouGov, GWI, TVBE, Marketplace Insight Tools (Mintel, eMarketer, Statista)
• Knowledge of digital measurement metrics (impressions, CTR, VCR) and application
• Understanding of tagging (SDK implementation, attribution and effectiveness studies) to help measurement strategies for internal and external clients.
• Ability to apply multiple data sets for positioning and storytelling
• Solutions driven, proactive and able to work independently
• Knowledge of campaign effectiveness, primary research methodologies and approaches a plus
• Knowledge of data visualization tools i.e. DOMO, Tableau a plus