NBCUniversal Advertising Sales is a ~2,000 person organization supporting approximately $10 billion of revenue across Broadcast, Cable and Digital Platforms. Ad Sales Finance supports all revenue reporting, forecasting, accounting, credit & collections, operational management of costs as well as incentive compensation design and administration for the salesforce. Primary responsibilities include oversight of close processes, balance sheet and net income controllership, corporate reporting, and accounting policies and implementation.
The Manager, Ad Sales Finance position is a dynamic role on the Ad Sales Finance team that will play a key role in ensuring strong controllership, driving operational excellence and supporting new growth opportunities. This role will work closely with financial and operational leadership and have exposure to all aspects of the sales organization. The New York based role will report into the Financial Controller for Ad Sales based in London.
• Monthly and Quarterly closing processes for National Ad Sales (e.g. analyze balance sheet financials, support required accruals, post journal entries, ensure all accounts are stated properly)
• Reconcile and analyze movements in key balance sheet areas including preparation of monthly balance sheet review package
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations in accordance with NBCU Account Reconciliation policy
• Perform reconciliations of accruals to actuals to assess methodology and process improvements
• Manage data requests for Corporate close reporting
• Work closely with the broader finance team to drive simplification, process improvement, and standardization across the group
• Provide key support role in migration of quarterly to monthly close process change initiative
• Own robotics process automation (''RPA'') initiatives across ad sales division
• Perform periodic audits of T&E and P-Card expenses
• Serve as divisional expert on vendor management and AP processes in partnership with centralized Corporate finance team
• Foster relationships with other finance teams throughout NBCU, as well as key operational leaders throughout the organization
• Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) in Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Minimum of 4 years of progressive Corporate finance, Audit or Big 4 experience
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and high standards in quality and accurate reporting
• Strong candidates will be well organized and able to prioritize multiple and competing priorities
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Salary Range: $85,000- $115,000; bonus eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dybqqm-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.