Line Producer, News
New York, NY
We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies.
On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicey. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don't have cable. The Internet is great…Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, apps, websites all help but when the news breaks, I mean really breaks, a newsfeed just doesn't quite cut it, does it? Facts happen in real-time, so the news should too. And text is for tomorrow when you've got a few minutes to spare. Video is for now.
If you're a fast and nimble line producer who wants to help us invent the future of news, then take a look at the nitty gritty bullets below and get in touch. Resumes are helpful, sure, but seeing your work is what it's all about. And if your current body of work so far doesn't paint the right picture of you, then make us something else. But hurry. We've got a lot to do.
The bulk of the job:
• Work with senior producers and EP's to build daily rundowns and oversee changes when breaking news hits
• Work with show directors to block and time programming
• Approve and copy edit scripts utilizing your journalistic writing ability and editorial judgement
• Craft headlines and teases that are engaging no matter the time constraint – for both breaking news and scheduled programming
• Communicate time and roll cues with guests and correspondents
• Communicate with teleprompter operators, chyron operators and Technical Production Managers
• You've been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 5+
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent working
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
• You've worked on live daily shows or in and
around a control room for at least 3
• You're a journalist first with impeccable timing and
excellent control room skills
• You have an eye for accuracy and creativity when it
comes to video and graphics – in show and beyond
• When the news cycle calls, you answer, even on
weekends or late nights or after you've already put in a
• You work fast, but things get really good when news is
breaking and time to air is getting short
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8ezb-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.