NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The primary function of this role will be to provide administrative support to various members of the Business and Legal Affairs team, contract and rights management, while creating legal assessments to the production, distribution, and other exploitation businesses of NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises. Solid time management and multi-tasking skills are essential. The position requires an individual who is highly organized, exhibits excellent judgment, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work with a high level of detail. Additionally, the individual will handle heavy correspondence/drafting/invoice processing. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are expected in regard to all matters and documents.
• Work under the Sr. Manager's supervision to analyze contracts and other documents to determine the company's rights in its entertainment properties
• Draft responses to clients regarding Telemundo's rights; and clearances for clip licensing requests.
• Enter rights information into the department's rights management database and the company's programming system.
• Search corporate databases and other sources to locate files, agreements, and other information regarding Telemundo's entertainment properties.
• Organize and maintain documents in the company's legal document repositories.
• Execute and upload contracts to the company's legal document repositories.
• Input in the monitoring system and track deadlines for contract terminations, options, renewals, etc.
• Manage special projects as designated for the department under the Sr. Manager's supervision.
• Support legal operations efforts, e.g., Contract Lifecycle Management System, Airtable, and other office databases, systems, and procedures.
• Code and process business invoices across various departments; provide other administrative support to members of the Business and Legal Affairs team.
• Assist attorneys with drafting non-disclosure agreements, appearance, and material releases, submission releases, memos, executive summaries, and other agreements or legal-related documents.
• Provide administrative assistance and support to the department attorneys.
• B.A., B.S. or higher degree OR comparable work experience (minimum three years in legal and/or entertainment area).
• Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office, internet sources, and the ability to master many corporate applications).
• Must be fully fluent in English (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge of US copyright/intellectual property law a plus.
• A team player with a strong work ethic.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Strong Spanish both verbal and written is a plus.
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6jmo8-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.