Music Release Planning Director
New York, NY
The Junior Digital Video Engineer , is a full-time position in the News Digital Video Engineering Team and will be responsible for the maintenance of core technologies, workflows, and systems vital to live-video and file-based digital workflows. The role's primary focus will be daily support of the engineering solutions for video editing, transcoding, video streaming and publishing, across the multiple NBC News properties.
This person will interface with NBCU News-Digital Media Producers, IT technology partners, and stakeholders at each business unit. The customers are primarily at 30 Rock, but the person will also provide remote support for Media Producers in London, LA, Washington DC and field producers.
This is a role that combines Broadcast Engineering, IT and Digital Video Technologies such as compression, streaming, and distribution. It is essential to have background and expertise in Computer Science or New Media. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, motivated, and a detail-oriented professional who can troubleshoot nonlinear edit systems, transcoding environments and live-encoding solutions. Possess the ability to succeed and operate in a fast paced environment, enjoy interacting and supporting customers, and be willing to tackle unique challenges head-on.
• Candidate should have a minimum of 1 years of digital video system experience with proven expertise in network and systems support. Ability to work well with peers and support technical clientele.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years' experience with various OS systems including Windows OS server and accessing through GUI and command line
• Linux experience a plus
• Minimum of 2 years in Media Technology or IT related field
• Proven success with oral and written communication at multiple levels
• Great organizational skills
• Must be willing and able to work in New York City area
• Must be willing and flexible to work early/late shifts with sometimes short notice
• Standard shift will be Monday through Friday, rotational on-call and occasional weekends may be requested
• Must be able to lift servers, switches, and peripheral hardware to accommodate various needs including installations and repairs
• Experience in understanding/operating and troubleshooting nonlinear edit and production systems and software
o Knowledge of editing systems including Adobe Premiere and Avid editing platforms
• Basic awareness with live-encoding solutions
• Prior success in a customer service related role
• Familiarity in programing languages such as Python, HTML and JSON
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4k4ov-3-238-96-184-42 in your application.